Subscribe:

Sales Influence

Cold Calling Technique: Why Don't I Drop That Off?
Cold-calling is scary, but if you learn to do it correct, it's also exhilarating.

Imagine this scenario.
You're on the phone and you're giving your best sales pitch. Halfway through, the person on the other end of the line says, "Why don't you send me the information and I'll look through it?"

What are the chances that that person will actually be waiting for your information? And that when it arrives, they'll remember you? And that they'll actually stop what they're doing and they'll read it? And then take the time to call you back and sign up for your offer?

Pretty slim. Probably zero.

So, next time someone such a scenario plays out, here's what your response should be:

Prospect: Why don't you send me the information, and I'll review it?
Your Response: I could do that, but I also know that you're still going to have questions. So why don't I stop by and drop off the information personally? Would Monday or Thursday work for you?

This response will allow you to set up a face-to-face appointment, which is an easier sell than a cold call.