Subscribe:

Dry Mouth While Speaking? Avoid Caffeine!





Today, while giving an important speech, my mouth went dry! I began to struggle to move my lips and get my words out...The fact that I'd had 2 cans of RedBull, 2 shots of 'Lucozade Alert' and one cup of coffee to stay up overnight and write a speech didn't help :(

If you want to avoid getting a dry mouth while you are speaking, make sure you follow these two tips:




1. AVOID CAFFEINE OR ANY DIURETICS.
Coffee, soda, and other diuretics dry out the body and flush the system. You urinate more and lose fluids. So, naturally, you will struggle more with dry mouth if your system is highly caffeinated. Unfortunately, the two times that I experienced dry mouth syndrome, I'd broken the no-caffeine rule and had instead splurged down a can of Redbull. 

2. FULLY HYDRATE BEFORE SPEAKING.
Unless you will be speaking for more than an hour, you can fully hydrate without needing to use the restroom. Drink as much water as you can before going up to speak. Your adrenaline will shut down your urinating urge causing your bodyto remain hyper hydrated while you speak eliminated dry mouth. Be warned though, when you come  down from the adrenaline you will want a restroom close.